[R] Data frame with Factor column missing data change to NA

Bill Poling B|||@Po||ng @end|ng |rom ze||@@com
Thu Jun 14 12:48:48 CEST 2018

#Good morning Jim, thank you for your response and guidance.

So I ran the suggested and got: Error in nchar(df2$NonAcceptanceOther) :   'nchar()' requires a character vector

So I ran this:

df2$NonAcceptanceOther[] <- lapply(df2$NonAcceptanceOther,as.character)

#Then tried again.

#But still getting the error?

#Because the column remains a factor?
names(df2)

#[1] "PlaceOfService"     "ClaimStatusID"      "NonAcceptanceOther" "RejectionCodeID"    "CPTCats"            "RevCodeCats"        "GCode2"             "ClaimTypeID"

classes <- as.character(sapply(df2, class))
classes

#[1] "factor"  "integer" "factor"  "integer" "factor"  "factor"  "integer" "integer"

#Not sure if this structure helps, I guess that the 1L’s are the missing

dput(head(df2$NonAcceptanceOther, 25))

#structure(c(1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 118L, 1L,

#1L, 1L, 64L, 64L, 134L, 134L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L)

#View from the CSV file original data

NonAcceptanceOther

ERS

Claim paid without PHX recommended savings

Claim paid without PHX recommended savings

MRC Amount

MRC Amount

Appreciate your help Sir.

WHP