[R] Histogram of character elements

Ben Tupper btupper @end|ng |rom b|ge|ow@org
Thu Jun 7 13:43:09 CEST 2018

Hi again,

I'm sort of pre-coffee still, but does this do it?  The data frame only has one variable, a factor where the order of the levels is specified.

library(lattice)
group   <- c("a", "b", "c", "d", "e")
freq    <- c(1, 2, 2, 5, 3)
x       <- rep(group, freq)
df      <- data.frame(group = factor(x, levels = c("d", "a", "b", "c", "e")) )
histogram(~ group, data = df)

As far as super-grouping the answer is likely yes, but without details and an example (and coffee) I'm at a loss.   I suggest getting a your hands on a copy of https://www.r-project.org/doc/bib/R-books_bib.html#R:Sarkar:2008 <https://www.r-project.org/doc/bib/R-books_bib.html#R:Sarkar:2008> It's really worth it if you plan to spend time with lattice.

Cheers,
Ben