[R] ROC within SEM

David Winsemius dw|n@em|u@ @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Wed Jun 6 22:48:03 CEST 2018

> On Jun 6, 2018, at 10:37 AM, Palmer, Raymond F <palmerr using uthscsa.edu> wrote:
>
> Dear R group.
> Does anyone have an idea how to utilize a latent variable in an ROC (AUC) analysis? I want to create a latent variable, then use that latent construct as a continuous variable in an ROC.
> I understand both SEM and ROC analysis can be done in R, but how to use the latent variable in the ROC is the issue.
> Thanks for any insights.
> Best, Ray
>
> Ray Palmer, Ph.D.
> Professor
> Department of Family and Community Medicine
> University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
> palmerr using uthscsa.edu<mailto:palmerr using uthscsa.edu>
> 210-827-7681
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

There are two sections from the Posting Guide that may be relevant:

---begin--
Questions about statistics: The R mailing lists are primarily intended for questions and discussion about the R software. However, questions about statistical methodology are sometimes posted. If the question is well-asked and of interest to someone on the list, it may elicit an informative up-to-date answer. See also the Usenet groups sci.stat.consult (applied statistics and consulting) and sci.stat.math (mathematical stat and probability).

Frankly I would not considered this question to be "well-asked" but anyone is free to dispute this or to take on the task of asking clarifying questions.

(Those newsgroups are basically defunct.)

---begin--
	• No HTML posting (harder to detect spam) (note that this is the default in some mail clients - you may have to turn it off). Note that chances have become relatively high for ‘HTMLified’ e-mails to be completely intercepted (without notice to the sender).
---end-

One of the effects of redistribution by a mail-server is the removal of the identity of your mail-client, so advice about that concern can only be "RTFM".