[R] on execution time of a function...

akshay kulkarni @k@h@y_e4 @ending from hotm@il@com
Wed Jun 13 07:36:40 CEST 2018

I ran  a function in R three days ago and the execution time was about 4 minutes. I ran the same function yesterday and the execution time was more than 6:50 minutes(I aborted the function after that time).

I read in the Internet that this is possible. I also came to know that software or hardware interrupts are the main reasons.

How do you know whether the delay was caused by interrupts? Which hardware or software triggered the interrupts? In general, how to know the exact cause of the delay in execution in R? Are there any packages for these analyses?

Very many thanks for your time and effort....

yours sincerely,
AKSHAY M KULKARNI