[R] Issue : Time to run a model on different computers

Sun Jul 22 19:20:17 CEST 2018

You did not say what memory resources were in the two cases, and it is
probably impossible to say without knowing what code you ran in any case.
That you have different versions of OS and R on the two computers already
means that there could be many possible explanations, but one wild guess is
that on your computer/R version/OS version you are memory limited and
swapping to and from disk, while on the other you are not. This may well be
nothing more than stupid speculation, though.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

sticking things into it."