[R] Possible solution to R installation problemst for Linux Mint 19 users

Sun Jul 22 07:34:30 CEST 2018

Each Mint version builds from an Ubuntu version. I don't use Mint. but this [1] web page tells me you should be pulling from a Bionic repo. Artful may work for you now, but in general it is risky to mix distribution revisions.

Note that this informative discussion should have occurred on the R-sig-debian mailing list, as it involves the intersection of R and debian derivatives, and is not about the R language as this mailing list is.

[1] https://linuxmint.com/download_all.php