[R] Locating data source error in large file

William Dunlap wdun|@p @end|ng |rom t|bco@com
Fri Jul 20 21:59:40 CEST 2018

Which format did you use when you used is.na on the output of
   as.POSIXlt(strings, format=someFormat)
and found none?  Did the resulting dates look OK?  Perhaps
all is well.

Note the the common American format month/day/year is not
one that is tested when you don't supply a format - xx/yy/zzzz
is treated as year/month/day (and it changes the time zone,
presumable because US/Pacific time was not used in the year
10 CE).
  > as.POSIXlt("10/7/1962")
  [1] "0010-07-19 LMT"
  > as.POSIXlt("3/17/1962")
  Error in as.POSIXlt.character("3/17/1962") :
    character string is not in a standard unambiguous format

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com