[R] parallel processing in r...

Benoit Vaillant beno|t@v@|||@nt @end|ng |rom no-|og@org
Sun Jul 1 14:22:57 CEST 2018

Hello,

On Sun, Jul 01, 2018 at 11:31:29AM +0000, akshay kulkarni wrote:
> I tried "top" at the bash prompt, but it provides a way to measure
> CPU performance of the existing processes. I want to check the CPU
> usage of the execution of an R function.

Try to open two bash prompts, in one use R and in the other use top to
monitor what is going on.

> and at the R prompt I type the function to be executed. But if I
> type "top" at the R prompt, it says object "top" not found.

top is a shell command, no issue with R not knowing about this.

> So, should I change to bash prompt after running the R function? If
> yes, how do I do it? If not, how to use "top" inside the R prompt?

Basically, you can't.

> Again, I think this is an OS isuue....but I could'nt find any answer
> in the Internet. I am an independent researcher and I don't have
> personal access to experts.......this mail list is the only vent I
> have.......

... (many more dots) Do you think we are experts on your system?

Please do your home work and get back to us once it's done. ;-)

Cheers,

--
Benoît