[R] optim function

Federico Becerra fbecerr@ @ending from mdp@edu@@r
Fri Jul 13 20:43:38 CEST 2018

Good afternoon,

I am a Biology researcher working on Functional Morphology and Behaviour
in mammals. Nowadays, I have a series of morphological data that I would
like to test against different models for which I would need to optimize
them -namely, "randomly manipulating" all models parameters in order to
find the model that fit best upon my data.

I've been told that the function "optim" is THE function for me, but
I've been having problems to program it and set all constraints.

Is there anything you could help me (guide me) with? I've asked already
several "experts" in the internet but noone gave me a real solution.

Thanks a lot, have a nice day,
Federico

--
Dr. Federico Becerra