[R] Portable R in zip file for Windows

Juan Manuel Truppia jmtruppia at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 11:57:34 CET 2018

Pretty good question Gabor. I can execute R once it is installed (if
someone with rights installs it before) but not the installer. I can
download the installer (with some pain). I know that some installers are
actually compressed files in disguise, but I think this is not the case
with R, right?
I will study the exact nature of the restriction, and get back to you.
Nevertheless, having a installer and a "portable" version is something
pretty common (R Studio, Notepad++ and 7Zip pop to my mind now) and pretty
helpful to deal with security restrictions, so I thought R had one,
somewhere.