[R] Help making first dataset R package

Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen traxplayer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 16:53:29 CET 2018

Hi,

  I am trying to make my first R package containing only a single
data.frame and documentation.

  All code can be found at:
https://github.com/MartinMSPedersen/folkeafstemninger

When I check the package I get four warnings.
I will list all warnings in this email because they migth be connected.

1.
* checking if this is a source package ... WARNING
Subdirectory ‘src’ contains:
  convert_from_xml.R
These are unlikely file names for src files.

2.
* checking whether package ‘folkeafstemninger’ can be installed ... WARNING
Found the following significant warnings:
  Warning: no source files found
See ‘/home/mm/gits/folkeafstemninger.Rcheck/00install.out’ for details.

3.
* checking package subdirectories ... WARNING
Subdirectory ‘data’ contains no data sets.
Subdirectory ‘src’ contains no source files.

4.
* checking contents of ‘data’ directory ... WARNING
Files not of a type allowed in a ‘data’ directory:
  ‘folkeafstemninger.Rdata’
Please use e.g. ‘inst/extdata’ for non-R data files

 The raw xml-files I used to create the data.frame is placed under raw/
 The data.frame is saved as data/folkeafstemninger.RData
and
  The R source I wrote to convert the xml-files is placed under src/

Thanks for any help.

Regards
Martin