[R] roxygen2 error - x$tag operator is invalid for atomic vectors

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 14:53:19 CET 2018

On 17/01/2018 8:37 AM, Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen wrote:
> On 17 January 2018 at 14:30, Eric Berger <ericjberger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is an error message from R.
>> For example, if you give the following R commands
>>>   a <- 5
>>> a$foo
>> This will generate the error message:
>> Error in a$foo : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors
>>
>> So you can search for the string 'x$tag' in your code (or possibly in the
>> package).
>>

> OK thanks.
>
> Something else must be wrong because my package should only contain a
> data.frame saved in .RData file

Immediately after the error, run traceback() to see where that code is
being found.  The output might not mean much to you, but perhaps others
here will spot the issue.

If that doesn't make the problem obvious, then post a link to your
Github source and someone else will be able to try it.

Duncan Murdoch