[R] Error installing ggplot2 package

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 16:40:40 CET 2018

Point of clarification:

Packages other than those that are part of the "standard" r distro
must first be "installed" from a package repository -- typically CRAN
-- via the install.packages()*  function before they can be accessed
via the library() or require() function. Have you done this? See
?installed.packages if you are unsure.

Also, R must know what libraries to look in for any packages to be
loaded via the library() function. see ?library for possibly relevant
help on specifying the location if needed.

Finally, apologies if I am offbase on this; others may understand your
error message better than I and give you a more appropriate response.

*Or through a suitable GUI interface that call install.packages().

Cheers,
Bert
Bert Gunter

and sticking things into it."