[R] UseDevel: version requires a more recent R

Sariya, Sanjeev ss5505 at cumc.columbia.edu
Tue Jan 9 19:32:15 CET 2018

Hello R experts:

I need a developer version of a Bioconductor library.

> sessionInfo()
R version 3.4.2 (2017-09-28)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 7 x64 (build 7601) Service Pack 1

When I try to useDevel it fails.

I've removed packages and again loaded but I get the same error message.

remove.packages("BiocInstaller")
source("https://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
library(BiocInstaller)

Bioconductor version 3.6 (BiocInstaller 1.28.0), ?biocLite for help

> useDevel()

Error: 'devel' version requires a more recent R

I'm running into this error for few days now. I close R after removing biocInstaller and proceed with following steps.

Please guide me to fix this.

Thanks,
SS