[R] SpreadLevelPlot for more than one factor

Ashim Kapoor ashimkapoor at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 16:18:34 CET 2018

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have a query.

I have a whole set of distributions which should be made normal /
homoscedastic. Take for instance the warpbreaks data set.

We have the following boxplots for the warpbreaks dataset:

a. boxplot(breaks ~ wool)
b. boxplot(breaks ~ tension)
c. boxplot(breaks ~ interaction(wool,tension))
d. boxplot(breaks ~ wool @ each level of tension)
e. boxplot(breaks ~ tension @ each level of wool)

Now should we not be making a-e normal and homoscedastic? Should we not
make a giant collection of boxplots from a-e and use the SpreadLevelPlot on
this entire collection?

A second query : (d) and (e) are the distribution of the simple effects of
factor wool and tension @ each level of the other. Is that correct?  Are
(a) and (b) the distribution of the main effect of wool and tension? Please
confirm.

Best Regards,
Ashim