[R] copy/paste of large amount of code to terminal leads to scrambled/missing characters

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 4 10:53:44 CET 2018

Why not use the R bundle for TextMate and run your script directly in TextMate? You'll get nice output.

And if you want to run R directly and get the output in a .Rout file you can add a command to the R bundle, create a small script that runs R in batch.
Create a new command in the R bundle, give it an appropriate name  and then put this in the body of the command:

#!/bin/bash
[[ -f "${TM_SUPPORT_PATH}/lib/bash_init.sh" ]] && . "${TM_SUPPORT_PATH}/lib/bash_init.sh"

if [[ ${#TM_DIRECTORY} -gt 0 ]]; then
	cd "${TM_DIRECTORY}"
else
    exit_show_tool_tip "Save file first!"
fi

R CMD BATCH --encoding=UTF-8 --no-save --no-timing ${TM_FILENAME}
mate ${TM_FILENAME}out

Berend Hasselman