[R] Proposed changes to the R Language

Bert Gunter bgunter@4567 @ending from gm@il@com
Fri Dec 28 17:04:48 CET 2018

I would assume r-devel is where this sort of query should be posted as we
mere users have nothing to say about this.

However, I've seen discussions and talks about better languages for
scientific (but data science?) programming -- Matlab, Julia, Scipy, etc. --
for at least a decade. But with a library of now over 10,000 packages on
CRAN and yet more on Bioconductor and github -- that's a lot of inertia to
overcome.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter