[R] Help converting .txt to .csv file

Spencer Brackett @pbr@ckett20 @ending from @@intjo@ephh@@com
Thu Dec 27 00:03:51 CET 2018

Good evening,

I am attempting to anaylze the protein expression data contained within
these two ICGC, TCGA datasets (one for GBM and the other for LGG)

*File for GBM  protein expression*:
https://dcc.icgc.org/search?filters=%7B%22donor%22:%7B%22projectId%22:%7B%22is%22:%5B%22GBM-US%22%5D%7D,%22availableDataTypes%22:%7B%22is%22:%5B%22pexp%22%5D%7D%7D%7D

*File for LGG protein expression:*

*https://dcc.icgc.org/search?filters=%7B%22donor%22:%7B%22projectId%22:%7B%22is%22:%5B%22LGG-US%22%5D%7D,%22availableDataTypes%22:%7B%22is%22:%5B%22pexp%22%5D%7D%7D%7D
<https://dcc.icgc.org/search?filters=%7B%22donor%22:%7B%22projectId%22:%7B%22is%22:%5B%22LGG-US%22%5D%7D,%22availableDataTypes%22:%7B%22is%22:%5B%22pexp%22%5D%7D%7D%7D>*

  When I tried to transfer the files from .txt (via Notepad) to .csv (via
Excel), the data appeared in the columns as unorganized and random
script... not like how a typical csv should be arranged at all. I need the
dataset to be converted into .csv in order to analyze it in R, which is why
I am hoping someone here might help me in doing that. If not, is there
perhaps some other way that I could analyze the datatsets on R, which again
is downloaded from the dataportal ICGC?

Best,

Spencer Brackett