[R] Retrievable results in a procedure

Steven Yen @tyen @ending from ntu@edu@tw
Wed Dec 26 02:32:29 CET 2018

Thanks Sarah. Below, replacing "structure" with "invisible" does
wonders--that serves my need. What I want is quite simple - I call a
procedure and it does two things: (1) display results for all; (2) save
retrievable results for use in further analysis, e.g., in knitr.
Earlier, with "structure" (or with results<-list(...)) it spits out the
main results, with components repeated (printed) in a painfully long
list. Yet, as I said, calling with foo<-try(...) prints the main results
with the list suppressed. I am just looking for option to NOT have to
call with foo<- always. There must be more ways to do this, but I am
happy with invisible. Thanks again.

--
styen using ntu.edu.tw (S.T. Yen)