[R] Problem with Plotting in R

MacQueen, Don m@cqueen1 @ending from llnl@gov
Wed Dec 19 21:10:39 CET 2018

You haven't described what you are trying to get with the command that doesn't work. My guess is that this might be what you want:

         plot( x, MyData$NWorth, type="l" )
        lines( x, MyData$NWorthSm)

However, you might also have to calculate and supply a for the ylim argument to plot().

--
Don MacQueen
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

On 12/18/18, 6:17 AM, "R-help on behalf of rsherry8" <r-help-bounces using r-project.org on behalf of rsherry8 using comcast.net> wrote:

    Please consider the following R statements:

         > x = seq(1:1632)
         > length( MyData$NWorth )
         [1] 1632
         > length( MyData$NWorthSm )
         [1] 1632
         > plot( x, MyData$NWorth, type="l" )
         > plot( x, MyData$NWorthSm, type="l" )
         > plot( x, MyData$NWorth, MyData$NWorthSm, type="l" )

    All of the above statements work except for the last one. The last one
    produces the following message:

         Error in plot.window(...) : invalid 'xlim' value

    So I then tired this:

         > xlim1 = c(0, 5000)
         >plot( x, MyData$NWorth, MyData$NWorthSm, type="l", xlim = xlim1 )

    Which produced the following error message:
         Error in plot.window(...) : invalid 'ylim' value

    So, I tired this:
         > ylim1 = c(0,9000)
         > plot( x, MyData$NWorth, MyData$NWorthSm, type="l", xlim = xlim1,
    ylim = ylim1 )

    Which produced the following error message:
         Error in strsplit(log, NULL) : non-character argument

    I would like to know what I am doing wrong.

    Thank you,
    Bob