[R] listing all files in a directory ending in ".xxx" in a script

J C Nash profjcn@@h @ending from gm@il@com
Sat Dec 15 01:53:14 CET 2018

Apologies for list noise. I just found a subtle typo so the command
was different from what it appeared to be in the actual use-case.
dir() seems to be working OK once that was fixed.

JN

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: listing all files in a directory ending in ".xxx" in a script
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 19:33:25 -0500
From: J C Nash <profjcnash using gmail.com>
To: r-help <r-help using R-project.org>

When in a console (I was in Rstudio) I can run

dir("../provenance-of-rootfinding/", pattern="\\.Rmd")

to list all Rmd files in the specified directory.

However, when I try to run this in a script under

   Rscript --vanilla

I don't get the files to list.

Am I missing something obvious that I should know about?

JN