[R] (no subject)

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil @ending from dcn@d@vi@@c@@u@
Sun Dec 2 23:48:38 CET 2018

It is possible that this is not an RStudio-specific issue in spite of the initial phrasing.

Mahboobe:
If when you use Rgui (Windows) or R.app (Mac) or plain R at the command line (any OS) you still have problems, then you may need to ask for help here or in R-sig-mac or R-sig-debian or R-sig-fedora. Follow the recommendations in the Posting Guide to help your helper reproduce your problem without depending on RStudio. You should also describe what steps you have already tried... in particular read about Locales  and Encoding in the R Data Import/Export  and Installation/Administration manuals and describe what you have done to follow the advice given there.

FWIW I am an English-only speaker so have very limited experience with locales and encodings... be sure to direct your questions to whichever mailing list is most specific to your operating system rather than me.

Also, if it is RStudio-specific, there is a good RStudio blog post [1] you can start with.

[1] https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200532197-Character-Encoding