[R] TCGA biolinks, DNA methylation

Sarah Goslee @@r@h@go@|ee @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Aug 30 01:07:19 CEST 2018

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 6:58 PM Spencer Brackett
<spbrackett20 using saintjosephhs.com> wrote:

>   Thank you! The line however was still found to be errored after I fixed the mistake. Is there anything else I can do to maybe set the “.” As an object?

But presumably with a different error, which you don't tell us.

The "." doesn't appear anywhere in the read.csv() command that you
initially reported an error in.
All a path of "." means is "look in the current directory." So later
in your download commands, files should be saved to the current
working directory. But that doesn't have anything to do with your
current csv file.

What does

getwd()

tell you? If it is NOT the same directory that contains
LGG_clinical_drug.csv then you need to tell read.csv() where to look
for it.

the_data <- read.csv(file = "path/to/file/LGG_clinical_drug.csv",
header = TRUE, sep = ",")

with whatever the actual path is.

If that's NOT the problem, or it still doesn't work, you'll need to
tell us more information. Like what the error message is, what getwd()
returns, and where the file actually is on your system.

The read.csv() commands don't seem to have anything at all to do with
the remaining part of the sample analysis you're trying to run