[R] R shared library (/usr/lib64/R/lib/libR.so) not found.

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Sun Aug 26 03:00:34 CEST 2018

On 08/26/2018 02:59 AM, Berwin A Turlach wrote:

> G'day Rolf,
>
> On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 11:20:09 +1200
> Rolf Turner <r.turner using auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
>
>> I was pretty sure that the foregoing was a complete red herring.  And
>> I was right.
>
> I am not sure whether I agree. :)

Huh?  Black is white and up is down???

I did as advised and it made absolutely no difference.  Ergo  I was right.

<SNIP>

> I keep wondering why you have a /usr/lib64.

<SNIP>

> .... How did you get this?

I have no idea.  It just seems to be there.  And it seems that rstudio
thinks that it should be there.

> And why does rstudio think it has to look into that directory?
How would I know?  You would have to ask RStudio, not me.

Anyway, I seem to have (for the time being at least) a working system,
and I don't feel like wasting any more time on this issue.

cheers,

Rolf

--
Technical Editor ANZJS