[R] How to add a geom_smooth() line

Jeff Reichman re|chm@nj @end|ng |rom @bcg|ob@|@net
Fri Aug 24 13:44:05 CEST 2018

Got it thank you

From: Riley Finn <rileyfinn3 using gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2018 10:24 PM
To: reichmanj using sbcglobal.net
Cc: R-help using r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R] How to add a geom_smooth() line

Jeff,

You need to reshape your data frame.  If you use ggplot, you will often have to present your data in "long format"

Use the reshape2 package.

I made a sample data frame because you didn't provide one.  I also change your x and y labels because they made no sense.

data <- data.frame(
  timeline = 1:10,
  launches = sample(10:20, 10),
  deliveries = sample(10:20, 10)
)

library(reshape2)
dataNew <- melt(data = data, id.vars = 'timeline',
                variable.name <http://variable.name>  = 'launchOrDelivery')

ggplot(data=dataNew, aes(x=timeline, y=value), color= launchOrDelivery) +
  geom_point(aes(color= launchOrDelivery)) +
  geom_smooth(aes(group = launchOrDelivery, color= launchOrDelivery), se = FALSE) +
  xlab("timeline") +
  ylab("Launches/Deliveries") +
  ggtitle("Scatterplot of Launches vs. Deliveries")