[R] R shared library (/usr/lib64/R/lib/libR.so) not found.

Jan T Kim jttk|m @end|ng |rom goog|em@||@com
Thu Aug 23 13:09:46 CEST 2018

Hi Rolf & All,

I haven't built R in a while, but my general expectation of an
autotools based build & install would be that the default prefix
is /usr/local, rather than /usr. So I'd expect the shared libs
in /usr/local/lib, /usr/local/lib64 etc.

I also have a recollection that I once installed Rstudio for some
MOOC, and ended up putting a symlink in somewhere like /usr/lib* ,
because Rstudio was only available as a binary with the location
of the shared lib hard-baked into it.

Depending on your <various flags> this may be irrelevant, apologies
in that case.

Best regards, Jan