[R] Spline function

Wed Aug 15 00:22:38 CEST 2018

If I understand correctly, not in general possible.

Suppose for a bunch of different x's the y's are all constant =0. What x
would correspond to y = 1.

Or suppose (x,y) pairs trace a sine function over several periods. Then
there is no unique x corresponding to y = .5, say.

Perhaps if you more explicitly specified the nature of your problem (e.g.
is y monotonic in x?) some assistance might be provided.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

sticking things into it."