[R] about family=binomial in glm funtion

Zhang Wilson wil@onzh@ng746746 @ending from gm@il@com
Sat Apr 14 23:33:12 CEST 2018

Hei,
  I just wonder the use of family=binomial in glm function.
  As I learned from book (e.g. Andy Field) that logistic regression (binary
logit) can use glm funtion with family = binomial. Here the y is a factor
variable (e.g. value = 1 or 2).

 But I have also seen i many other cases, same function glm with
family=binomial, but y is a variable with several column , like y=
cbind(y1, y2), and here y1  and y2 are the success number, failure number
respectively.

What is the difference between these cases ? For my opinion the first one
is a logit model, and second one is a binomial probability model , right?

Many thanks.