[R] Sample of a subsample

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 23:09:59 CEST 2017

Yes.

Beating a pretty weary horse, a slightly cleaner version of my prior
offering using with(), instead of within() is:

with(dat,
dat[sampleNo[sample(var1[!var1%%2 & !sampleNo], 10, rep=FALSE)],
"sampleNo"] <- 2)

with() and within() are convenient ways to avoid having to repeatedly name
the columns via $  . Note also the use of logical subscripting of the data
frame in which numeric 0 is coerced to FALSE and any nonzero value to TRUE
(which I should have done previously).

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter