[R] gsDesign Pocock & OBF boundary

array chip arrayprofile at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 24 20:02:27 CEST 2017

Sorry it didn 't work again. I am on yahoo mail, and just found a switch to change from Rick text to Plain text, so here it goes again:

I am learning to use the gsDesign package.

I have a question about Pocock and OBF boundary. As far as I can understand, these 2 boundaries require equal spacing between interim analyses (maybe this is not correct?). But looks like I can still use gsDesign to run an analysis based on unequal spacing:

> library(gsDesign)
> gsDesign(k=2,test.type=2,timing=c(0.75,1),alpha=0.05,sfu='Pocock')

Symmetric two-sided group sequential design with
90 % power and 5 % Type I Error.
Spending computations assume trial stops
if a bound is crossed.

         Sample
         Size
Analysis Ratio*  Z   Nominal p  Spend
       1  0.796  1.82   0.0346 0.0346
       2  1.061  1.82   0.0346 0.0154
   Total                      0.0500

++ alpha spending:
Pocock boundary.
* Sample size ratio compared to fixed design with no interim

Can anyone share some light whether the above analysis is still valid? Or for unequal spacing, I have to use Lan-Demet’s error spending function approximations? Thank you,

The first secret is in your email program settings, to use Plain Text format (at least for emails you send to this mailing list).

The second secret tool to use is the reprex package to let you verify that your code example will do on our computers what it is doing on your computer before you send it to us. That will also involve giving us some sample data or referencing some data already available to us in a relevant package. See [1], [2] and [3] for more discussion of how to succeed at communicating on the Internet regarding R.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

[2] http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Reproducibility.html

[3] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/reprex/index.html (read the vignette)