[R] Add wrapper to Shiny in R package

Axel Urbiz axel.urbiz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 15:02:46 CEST 2017

Dear List,

I'm trying to add a function that calls a Shiny App in my R package. The
issue is that within my function, I'm creating objects that I'd like to
pass to the app. For instance, from the example below, I'm getting
"Error: object
'xs' not found". How can I pass "xs" explicitly to shinyApp()?

*Under R directory:*

myApp <- function(x, ...) {
  require(shiny)

  xs <- scale(x)

  shiny::runApp(appDir = system.file("application", package =
"my_package"), ...)

}

*Under inst/application directory a file named app.R with the following
content:*

shinyApp(
  ui = fluidPage(
    sidebarLayout(
      sidebarPanel(sliderInput("n", "Bins", 5, 100, 20)),
      mainPanel(plotOutput("hist"))
    )
  ),
  server = function(input, output) {