[R] pheatmap: incomplete figure

Fix Ace acefix at rocketmail.com
Wed Sep 20 14:19:20 CEST 2017

Thank you so much for the reply! I thought the file would automatically adjust accordingly. But I just checked and found pheatmap does has width as parameter!
Ace

    On Monday, September 18, 2017 3:00 PM, David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Sep 18, 2017, at 9:26 AM, Fix Ace via R-help <r-help at r-project.org> wrote:
>
> Dear R Community,
> I tried to generate heatmap for a matrix of 1500 columns by 106 rows using the following R script:
>> pheatmap(tf.vs.DE.1.removeAllZeroCol, fontsize=3,border_color=NA)
> and got the graph (as attached Fig 1)
>
> Since the column labels appear very crowded, I tried to increase the cellwidth to stretch the graph horizontally. The idea was to show the graph section by section, but with clear/readable column labels (not overlapped labels).
> So I typed:
>> pheatmap(tf.vs.DE.1.removeAllZeroCol, fontsize=3,cellwidth=3,cellheight=3,border_color=NA)
> However, this time I only got middle part of the original heatmap (as attached Fig 2)
> I wonder if there is way I could output the whole graph after such horizontal stretch. If not, how do I get the left end of the graph.

Why not define a graphics device that is wider?

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

'Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.'  -Gehm's Corollary to Clarke's Third Law