[R] Convert data into zoo object using Performance analytics package

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 16:08:54 CEST 2017

Depending on how you created df maybe your code has the column names
wrong.  In any case these 4 alternatives all work.  Start a fresh R
session and then copy and paste this into it.

library(zoo)
u  <- "https://faculty.washington.edu/ezivot/econ424/sbuxPrices.csv"
fmt <- "%m/%d/%Y"

# 1
sbux1.z <- read.csv.zoo(u, FUN = as.yearmon, format = fmt)

# 2
df <- read.csv(u)
sbux2.z <- read.zoo(df, FUN = as.yearmon, format = fmt)

# 3
df <- read.csv(u)
names(head(df))
## [1] "Date"      "Adj.Close"
sbux3.z <- zoo(df$Adj.Close, as.yearmon(df$Date, fmt))

# 4
df <- read.csv(u)
sbux4.z <- zoo(df[[2]], as.yearmon(df[[1]], fmt))