[R] (no subject)

Peter Dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 17:03:07 CEST 2017

> On 13 Sep 2017, at 16:01 , Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 13/09/2017 9:10 AM, David Brayford wrote:
>> Hi Duncan,
>> The output of gsl-config --version
>> 2.3
>> The output of gsl-config --cflags
>> -I/lrz/sys/libraries/gsl/2.3/include
>> The output of gsl-config --libs
>> -L/lrz/sys/libraries/gsl/2.3/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm
>> gsl_version.h cat output
>> #define GSL_VERSION "2.3"
>> #define GSL_MAJOR_VERSION 2
>> #define GSL_MINOR_VERSION 3
>> It's puzzling.
>
> Sure is.  I can't see what would be going wrong.

Two ideas:

1. The include file might be there but not the actual library (or a different version gets picked up via an -L setting)
2. The error message can be spurious and reflect a completely different problem. It looks a little odd that the ERROR does not appear immediately after "checking if GSL version >= 1.12..." (is some sort of parallel make going on, perchance?)

If push comes to shove, you may have to learn how to decipher config.log etc. to see exactly which test is failing and why.

-pd