[R] Block comment?

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Sat Sep 2 17:56:33 CEST 2017

Is the reason you want a block comment containing code (as opposed to
arbitrary text) that you want to be able to easily run the commented out
code?  If so the 'if()' construct has the advantage that you only need to
change code at the start of the comment, not at both ends.

The if(FALSE) could be if(isTRUE(getOption("DEBUG_ISSUE_XYZ"))) so you
would not even have to change code to re-enable the debugging code, just
call options(DEBUG_ISSUE_XYX=TRUE)).

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com