[R] Precision error in time index of ts objects

Andrea Altomani altomani.andrea at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 19:36:56 CEST 2017

I should have formulated my question in a more specific way.

1. I suspect this is a floating point precision issue. I am not very
knowledgeable about R internals, can someone else confirm it?

2. Should this be considered a bug or not, because it is "just a precision
issue"? Should I report it?

3. How can it happen? From a quick review of ts.R, it looks like the values
of the time index are never modified, but only possibly removed. In my case:
   - x and y have the same index.
   - the subtraction operator recognizes this, and create a new ts with one
entry
   - the result of the subtraction has an index which is different from the
input.
  This is very surprising to me, and I am curious to understand the problem.

--
Andrea Altomani