[R] <p>R encountered a fatal error. </p> The session was terminated. + *** caught illegal operation ***

Klaus Michael Keller klaus.keller at graduateinstitute.ch
Thu Oct 26 11:59:56 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I just installed the "Short Summer" R update last week. Now, my R Studio doesn't open anymore!

--> <p>R encountered a fatal error. </p> The session was terminated.

and my R terminal doesn't close properly

--> *** caught illegal operation ***

I restarted my Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 and reinstalled both R 3.4.2 and the latest R studio but the problem persists.

How can that issue be solved?

Thanks in advance for your a precious help!

All the best from Switzerland,

Klaus