[R] R and Supervised learning

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 16:57:12 CEST 2017

Luca:

1. We are not a consulting service. We *help* with R pogramming issues.
Users are typically expected to make an effort by providing R code and, if
appropriate, small data sets that illustrate their difficulties.

2. SEARCH! e.g. on "text processing R" or some such; or try Rseek.org with
such searches. R has extensive text processing capabilities, e.g. via
regex's.

3. "Supervised Learning algorithm" is far too vague to be useful.

4. See this CRAN task view:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/views/MachineLearning.html

4. The answer to your query is almost certainly yes, but you may have to do
some reading to clarify your thinking. As this involves primarily
statistical issues, you may wish to post on a statistical site like
http://stats.stackexchange.com/  to get advice. R-help site helps with R
programming primarily, not statistical methodology (although they do
sometimes intersect).

Cheers,
Bert