[R] Scatterplot of many variables against a single variable

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Mon Nov 27 20:08:27 CET 2017

Here's the quickest way I know of to get a scatterplot of many variables against a single variable. I create example data to illustrate.

x <- 1:10
ys <- matrix( runif(30), ncol=3)

matplot(x,ys)
## or, a little better,
matplot(x,ys, type='b')

To add regression lines:

for (iy in seq(ncol(ys))) abline(lsfit(x, ys[,iy]))

Coloring the regression lines to match the matplot will take a little more work (but not a lot more).

Don't ask me about putting the regression line formulas on the plot like in Excel. I don't do things that way...

There is probably something in ggplot2 or some other package.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory