[R] tcltk problems

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Nov 18 05:43:11 CET 2017

On 18/11/17 17:00, Erin Hodgess wrote:
> When I have compiled from sourced on Ubuntu, I did NOT include the
> "with-tcltk" and it worked fine.  Did you try that, please?

In the past I have configured without using the "--with-tcltk" flag,
and R of course built just fine.  But it *did not* have tcltk
capability.  When I wanted that capability I had to start using the
aforesaid flag.

It makes absolutely no sense that one would get tcltk capability when
configuring without the flag but *not* get it when configuring *with*
the flag.  If that is indeed the case then this definitely constitutes a
bug in the "configure" system.

I cannot believe that it would work to leave out the flag, but I'll try
it just for the sake of "completeness".

cheers,

Rolf

--