[R] update R version in windows

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Nov 10 20:33:05 CET 2017

That only works if you use apt-get for all package installs... I don't even know if that is possible. Use of install.packages within R works the same on all platforms... that is, upgrading R by a minor version (3.3 to 3.4) causes R to go looking for user-installed packages in a new library directory, while patchlevel upgrades (3.4.1 to 3.4.2) keep using the same library directory (read the R Installation and Administration Manual).