[R] Problem with r project in ubuntu xenial

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Nov 8 03:14:04 CET 2017

> On Nov 7, 2017, at 3:46 PM, George Balas <gbalas07 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For anyone who sees this conversation.
>
> There is a bug in installation of igraph in R language in Ubuntu. There is
> a solution in stackoverflow. We have to use the devtools. Write this code:
> install.packages("devtools")
> library(devtools)
> install_github("igraph/rigraph")

If there is a bug in the development version of igraph (which is not really part of R but rather a contributed package) then the correct place to send a message would have been, not to rhelp, but rather to the maintainer. It would of course be necessary to say what the bug appears to be. I don't see any error message or description of a bug in this message. The package DESCRIPTION files says:

BugReports: https://github.com/igraph/igraph/issues

The github page says the proper installation sequence for the development version is:

devtools::install_github("gaborcsardi/pkgconfig")
devtools::install_github("igraph/rigraph")

Rhelp is not the correct place for pre-release bug discussion of contributed packages.

Again, the github pages suggests that you send issues to the correct mailing list: igraph-help mailing list

David.