[R] Multiple CSV files in different sheets of an Excel file

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Mon Nov 6 15:47:54 CET 2017

> On Nov 6, 2017, at 3:23 AM, Kamlesh Khollam <khollam.kamlesh33 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Team,
> I am tried "WriteXLS" package for merging 2 csv files. R script runs
> successfully but does not create CSVmerge file.
>
> Appreciate our help.
>
> ​Best Regards,
> Kamlesh Khollam​

Hi,

You appear to be replying to a thread from January of 2016, or almost two years ago, based upon the subject line.

You have not provided any information (e.g. the code you used, sample data, any error messages, other relevant information) to allow us to help you.

The WriteXLS package is designed to do one thing, export R data frames to Excel files.

There is no data management functionality in the package, so if you want to "merge", "stack" or otherwise manipulate R data frames, you need to do that using code outside of the functions contained in the package.

One of the posts from the thread in 2016 is:

  https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2016-January/435342.html

in which I provided sample code that would enable someone to read in two CSV files to an R list object, and then export those to two worksheets in an Excel file using the WriteXLS package, along with some hints on generalizing the approach to a larger number of CSV files.

Perhaps you should review that, and if that is not what you want to do, post back with more detailed information.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz