[R] get the value of a biplane

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Sun May 28 22:53:29 CEST 2017

Hello,

Can anyone explain why this error?

 > library(splines)
 >
 > knots <- c(6, 12, 22, 30, 35)
 > x <- c(0.0, .25, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0)
 > SCurve <- bs(x = x, knots = knots, intercept = FALSE, Boundary.knots
= c(0,3.5))
 > class(SCurve)
[1] "bs"     "basis"  "matrix"

 > ?predict.bs
 > predict.bs(SCurve, xnew = 40:45)
Error in predict.bs(SCurve, xnew = 40:45) :
   could not find function "predict.bs"

Note that splines:::predict.bs(SCurve, xnew = 40:45) works.

 > sessionInfo()
R version 3.4.0 (2017-04-21)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 7 x64 (build 7601) Service Pack 1

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=Portuguese_Portugal.1252
LC_CTYPE=Portuguese_Portugal.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=Portuguese_Portugal.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C

[5] LC_TIME=Portuguese_Portugal.1252

attached base packages:
[1] splines   stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods
[8] base

[1] compiler_3.4.0 tools_3.4.0

Rui Barradas