[R] [FORGED] Logical Operators' inconsistent Behavior

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Fri May 19 14:48:54 CEST 2017

> > SQL, for example, generally takes the view that any
> > expression involving 'missing' is 'missing'.
>
> Well, then SQL gets it wrong.

Well, that's a view. But paraphrasing an  R Turner from a few lines away in the same email:

> One should be very, very circumspect about presuming to know better than
> SQL

It's a choice. I understand and respect R's. But I can also understand why someone might have expected something different.