[R] Plotting bar charts by Month

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Sat May 13 16:34:56 CEST 2017

Could we see some sample data?

    On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 9:55 PM, Jeff Reichman <reichmanj at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

 r-help

Trying to figure out how to plot by month bar charts. The follow code plots
the monthly portion on a yearly x-scale.  So I either I create 12 individual
month plots or maybe there is some sort of "break" to tell R separate by
month and use the months dates as the x-scale; so that Jan's scale is 1 - 31
Jan , Feb scale is 1 - 28 Feb etc.  As it is now I get the Jan values ploted
with a 1-Jan to 31 Dec x-scale; Feb's value are ploted on a 1-Jan to 31 Dec
x-scale etc.

ggplot(data = df, aes(x = date, y = height)) +

        geom_bar(stat = "identity") +

        geom_bar(aes(x = action, y = height), color = "red", stat =
"identity") +

        facet_wrap(~month, nrow = 3)

Jeff