[R] I cannot run R.EXE or RSCRIPT.EXE

Bos, Roger roger.bos at rothschild.com
Fri May 5 17:46:55 CEST 2017

Dominik,

Folders with spaces can be very tricky sometimes.  In my case single quotes didn't work, but double quotes did (see my example below).  Adding the full path to your PATH variable with eliminate the need to specify the full path, making it much easier.

Thanks,

Roger

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\bosr>C:\Program Files\R\R-3.3.3\bin\R.exe
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\bosr>'C:\Program Files\R\R-3.3.3\bin\R.exe'
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

C:\Users\bosr>"C:\Program Files\R\R-3.3.3\bin\R.exe"

R version 3.3.3 (2017-03-06) -- "Another Canoe"
Copyright (C) 2017 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)