[R] RJDBC

Nelson Anthony nelson.chr82 at gmail.com
Wed May 3 00:18:16 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I am trying to connect to Database  using RJDBC but due to some DB & Server
timezone mismatch I am facing below error message.

Error in .jcall(drv at jdrv, "Ljava/sql/Connection;", "connect",
as.character(url)[1],  :

  java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1

ORA-01882: timezone region not found

I tried to fix this issue using java by using this parameter
“-Doracle.jdbc.timezoneAsRegion=false”
and it worked

But I am trying to apply the same setting in R using option settings, but
it is not working. Also, I tried updating Rprofile

*My code snippet:*

Sys.setenv(JAVA_HOME='/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64')

options(java.parameters = "-Xmx8g")

options(java.oracle.jdbc.timezoneAsRegion="false")

dbcDriver <- JDBC(driverClass="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver",
classPath="/usr/lib/oracle/12.2/client64/lib/ojdbc8.jar")

pcm_stg_conn <- dbConnect(jdbcDriver, "jdbc:oracle:thin:@//hostname:1521/SID",
"username", "password").

Can you please help in resolving this issue

Thanks & Regards.

Anthony Nelson