[R] fisher.test function error

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 14:21:42 CEST 2017

> On 31 Mar 2017, at 14:04 , Stefan Evert <stefanML at collocations.de> wrote:
>

>> On 30 Mar 2017, at 11:51, Eshi Vaz <eshithasunithi2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> When trying to computer a fisher’s exact test using the fisher.test function from the gmodels() package,  <----
>
> The problem seems to be with a different fisher.test() function from the gmodels package, not with stats::fisher.test.

That's what I thought, but there is no fisher.test variant in gmodels. There is CrossTable, which calls fisher.test in its print method, but as far as I can tell, that is the usual one from stats.

At any rate, it would be useful to know what the table looks like. If has a huge number of rows or columns then

(a) it could be the result of a coding blunder
(b) be quite meaninglesss to attack with a fisher exact test

-pd