[R] Setting up a .Rprofile file

Henrik Bengtsson henrik.bengtsson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 18:25:28 CET 2017

R for Windows is a bit peculiar where it locates your .Rprofile file,
or rather what it consider to be your home directory.  If you look
from within R, the file you do want to create / edit is:

> f <- normalizePath("~/.Rprofile", mustWork = FALSE)
[1] "C:\\Users\\joe\\Documents\\.Rprofile"

For instance, to change what your R prompt looks you can add this from
within R as:

> cat('options(prompt = "> R ")\n', file = f, append = TRUE)

Hope this helps

Henrik

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 2:36 AM, Bruce Ratner PhD <br at dmstat1.com> wrote:
> Henrico:
> Thanks for quick reply.
> However, one last question:
> If I want to change working directory, and put setwd() in the Rprofile file, logically R will not know where the be work directory is, correct?
>
> So, should I install R in my preferred working directory?
>
> Thanks again, in advance.
> Bruce
>

> ______________
> Bruce Ratner PhD
> The Significant Statistician™
> (516) 791-3544
> Statistical Predictive Analytics -- www.DMSTAT1.com
> Machine-Learning Data Mining -- www.GenIQ.net
>

>> On Mar 24, 2017, at 3:48 AM, Enrico Schumann <es at enricoschumann.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 23 Mar 2017, Bruce Ratner PhD writes:
>>
>>> Hi R'ers:
>>> I would like to setting up a .Rprofile file with
>>> setwd("C:/R_WorkDir")
>>> set.seed(12345)